Tuesday, July 14, 2009

muet results

got the official letter today for MUET test.. if u ppl dont know what is that.. it is the MalaysiaUniversity English Test.. u know what.. i got a freaking band 4! i was like ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... anyway i handled it pretty well.. unlike some of my classmates that broke down... swt... the only thing i did was crumble my paper.. lol..



let me explain a little bout the point system... there is band 1 to 6.. which 5 and 6 is considered good... there are 4 sections, writing, reading, speaking and listening... writing contributes 90 marks, reading-120, speaking-45, listening-45 accumulating a total of 300marks.. a band 6 is 259-300, band 5 is 220-258... guess what i got?

219! 1 more mark!

holy crap.. lucky me... i scored pretty well in all other sections except my writing... i got band 6 for listening, band 5 for both reading and speaking... but my writing.. wtf??!! band3? according to my teacher i wrote out of topic.. but until now i look at the question i still feel i answered it correctly.. darn stupid malaysian education system, they didnt specify what they wanted and expect me to know what they want? please ppl give me ur opinion on this... are they really crap or is it me that is actually that dumb to interpret the question wrongly?

heres the question:
information and communications technology (ICT) is the cause of today's many social ills.
what is your opinion? support your answers with examples. you should write at least 350 words

my approach to this question is no, ICT doesnt cause social ills instead improves ppl's social interaction... please enlighten me...

4 comments:

JenKin Yat said...

i guess it should be correct..mayb your points not that accurate?

Anonymous said...

mayb your points should include why ICT won't cause social ills.
in my experience,usually when the question asks in such a way,the examiner would expect you to agree on the statement.
and you know how stupid the Malaysian Education System is,the system judge an essay based on impression instead of grammar and content...
nevermind,retake la.i also feel that this may 2009 muet test is not a good and fair test.many inapropriate things came out.

Little Ms Midnight said...

Omg!!! Just one more mark, man!!! By the way, i think it's correct.

Unknown said...

I agree with 坏孩子 about including why ICT doesn't cause social ills. Sorry if I sound =x, but my two cents anyway. Your teacher was correct when he/she said your answer is out of topic. Improving social interaction is just a small part of ICT, but not relevant to the topic. Points and structure you could use:

1) What is ICT? Basically, a generic term used for technologies involved with communicating with computers.

2) List some of the current social ills which people blame ICT for, ie pre-marital sex.

3) Why ICT is not the cause. a.Social ills have been present all the time; just not as widely reported. Instead, it's the lack of parental guidance etc etc. If you wanna use social interaction, you can say it broadens the scope of people we meet. Like you can have friends in Brazil - know and understand their culture etc.

Anyway, don't worry too much about MUET. Local unis aren't that picky (I sat for MUET last yr). all the best!